Re: Re: Work Started on Audio Working Group Charter (Advance Notice)

Hi Doug,

Thanks for your work in pushing this forward!

Concerning Noah's comment about multi-channel audio input, my API proposal
could easily be extended to cover audio input (as well as output).
AudioContext has a "destination" attribute representing the audio output and
may be multi-channel.  Similarly, there could be a "source" attribute on the
context representing the live audio input (two or more channels).  The main
reason I've left this out in my spec is because there are the security /
device-access
issues which need to be sorted out.  It may be that the <device>
specification is already addressing these issues, but I haven't had time to
keep up with those developments.

Cheers,
Chris