  From:       Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl>

  To:         Charles F Wiecha/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

  Cc:         public-xg-app-backplane <public-xg-app-backplane@w3.org>

  Date:       10/18/2009 04:52 PM

  Subject:    Re: [Backplane XG] Updated final report

  Sent by:    public-xg-app-backplane-request@w3.org

On  17-Oct-2009, at 23:00 , Charles F Wiecha wrote:

      All -- attached is the final report updated with references and
      edited long descriptions to line up with correct figures. I've
      reluctantly followed the practice of other XG's in hardcoding the
      section numbers to avoid the previous problems with the CSS
      autonumbering on different browsers. I *still* have to make a final
      pass for the real editing so it will be a few days before we can make
      the publication request...deadline for that before TPAC is Oct 27.

      I would appreciate any -1's ASAP if you have problems releasing
      essentially this text for publication...otherwise, I will proceed to
      final editing for readability etc and request publication
      shortly...Thanks, Charlie

Charles,
I still see various "..." in the introduction. Am I looking at the correct
version?

As I'm going to be offline for the rest of the week I'll put in my comments
anyway.

Section 2, last three paragraphs.
- "section one/two/three"  have no clear mapping to chapter numbers, could
you add those?
- Could you mention the conclusions section separately, and state that we
suggest future work there (so people will at least read that)?

Section 3
- The first time we use RIA, should we define the acronym?
- The "return to text" link at the end of the figure 1 longdesc doesn't
work for me (it opens the directory containing all the html files)

That's all, I guess.