Re: Agenda for Next Backplane meeting on Nov 4

aloha, charlie!

first, my belated regrets for TPAC -- my medical situation kept me
here in jersey, rather than allowing me to travel to france -- what's
more, i sprained an ankle in the interim, so apologies for not being
more active in the run-up to the TPAC presentation...

second, my tentative regrets for tomorrow -- i'm going to attempt to
AUTONOMOUSLY exercise my right to the franchise (and new jersey's
compliance with HAVA - http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/blog/hava2008.html)
and if the mid-term elections are any indication, it may take most of the
day to do so, for although new jersey claims to be HAVA-compliant since
2006, the last time i tried to vote on an "accessible" machine it ended
in unmitigated disappointment with someone else having to cast my
ballot for me, a right which i (and HAVA) hold inalienable...

gregory.
CONSERVATIVE, n.  A statesman who is enamored of existing evils,
as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them
with others.         -- Ambrose Bierce, _The Devil's Dictionary_
             Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net