Re: 12.2.1 References to Elements within a repeat Element

On Thu, 28 Jun 2018 15:32:42 +0200, Nick Van den Bleeken
<Nick.Van.den.Bleeken@inventivegroup.com> wrote:

> Hi Steven,

Hey Nick! Great to hear from you, and glad you're still reading the list.

> Isn't there a difference between your text and the original text? In the
> original text the IDREF is resolved relative to the current 'runtime'
> iteration of the repeat the element resides in for repeats that are in
> common AND the current repeat index (for example set with
> setindex-action. In your text only the current repeat-index is used.
>
> I can only think of one use-case where the current repeat index is
> different from the current 'runtime' iteration of the repeat, and that
> is if you have a delay on a dispatch action.
>
> Example:
>
> <xf:repeat ref="entry" id="outer">
>     <xf:repeat ref="sub-entry" id="inner">
>  <xf:input ref="field1" id="i-1">...</input>
>  <xf:setvalue ref="field1" value="'foo'" ev:event="my-custom-event"
> id="c-1"/>
>  <xf:trigger>
>                   <xf:dispatch ev:event="DOMActivate" name="
> my-custom-event " targetid="c-1" delay="5000"/>
>  </xf:trigger>
>     </xf:repeat>
> </xf:repeat>
>
> When you have multiple entries and or sub-entries AND after you activate
> the trigger you give focuds to an input field of a different iteration,
> the value of the incorrect repeat iteration will be set.

OK, well that sounds like we need to tweak the definition of <dispatch/>
with a delay. But that would then fix it surely?

The current text is long and convoluted (and I'm not convinced it covers
everything, partly because of its length).

Steven