Re: Collapsing sections

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:53:21 +0200, Alain Couthures
<alain.couthures@agencexml.com> wrote:

> I think that it would be nicer (and more declarative) to specify this in
> XForms just as a possible appearance for groups.
>
> Using switch/case or relevance is surely a good "workaround" with XForms
> 1.1. Because of the id problem with case, when multiple groups have to
> be treated, different ids have >to be provided while the very same
> pattern is to be applied: this is not very "friendly" for authors (or
> for my XLSForm converter...).
>
> BTW, I prefer when the group label is, instead, duplicated in both
> triggers so the collapsing symbol is preceding the label on the very
> same line and clicking on the label has >the same effect as clicking on
> the symbol.
>
> What do you think?

I think it is a good idea.

Currently all we have for group is:

   <group appearance="minimal"> => inline
   <group> => block

So we could use either

   <group appearance="compact"> => collapsible

or something like

   <group appearance="closed"> => collapsable, initially closed
   <group appearance="open"> => collapsable, initially open

Let's discuss at the call.

Steven