Re: AVT and 'valid'

XSLT 2.0 [1] says:

> - [ERR XTSE0350] It is a static error if an unescaped left curly bracket
appears in a fixed part of an attribute value template without a matching
right curly bracket.
> - It is a static error if the string contained between matching curly
brackets in an attribute value template does not match the XPath production
Expr XP, or if it contains other XPath static errors. The error is signaled
using the appropriate XPath error code.
> - [ERR XTSE0370] It is a static error if an unescaped right curly bracket
occurs in a fixed part of an attribute value template.

XSLT 3.0 [2] seems to say about the same, although they now talk about
"value templates".

There is also a note about dynamic errors:

> This process can generate dynamic errors, for example if the sequence
contains an element with a complex content type (which cannot be atomized).

So they use the wording "does not match the XPath production Expr" or
"contains other XPath static errors". I don't know if we need to be as
specific, especially since we are in theory more expression-language
independent.

However we could follow the wording for the brackets and the dynamic
errors. So what about:

  An [[#The xforms-expression-error Event|xforms-expression-error]] event
is dispatched to the element containing the expression in the following
cases:

  - If an unescaped left curly bracket appears in a fixed part of an
attribute value template without a matching right curly bracket.
  - If the string contained between matching curly brackets in an attribute
value template is not syntactically correct.
  - If an unescaped right curly bracket occurs in a fixed part of an
attribute value template.
  - If there is a dynamic error during the concatenation of the parts of
the attribute value template, for example if the sequence contains an
element with a complex content type (which cannot be atomized).

-Erik

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#dt-attribute-value-template
[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-30/#value-templates