Re: Deferred updates

All,

Just an observation from an end user.

I have never really understood the need for deferred updates - is it still
required with modern technologies (browsers)? It seems like a premature
optimisation that should probably not be part of the specification (but
could still be within an implementation). Certainly from a declarative
programming point of view it seems strange to have to consider update
concurrency - e.g. a value was set via an <xf:setvalue .../> in one part of
the form which updates a value in the instance that is used in a
calculation elsewhere (possibly within the same user action). As a form
author it seems I have to worry about whether the new value has been
applied in time for the calculation - the outcome of which may affect
behaviour for the end user.

Mike

--
Michael Odling-Smee | mike@xml-solutions.com | m: +44 (0) 7946 512 754 |
www.xml-solutions.com

bind XML Solutions Ltd to any order or other contract unless pursuant to
explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting
the use of e-mail for such purpose.

Address: Newlaithes Manor, Newlaithes Road, Horsforth, Leeds LS18 4LG.
Registered Company Number: 6233174