Re: Proposal (or not) for <label mediatype="text/html">

On Wed, 06 Dec 2017 07:44:04 +0100, Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> I was going to propose this. I thought we had already:
>
>     <output mediatype="text/html">
>
> And this might be valid, but we don't mention it anywhere in the spec.
> We only mention image mediatypes.

Actually, we only give examples uses images. However, the spec says:

"The data is rendered in a suitable way taking into account the datatype
of the value, the mediatype if any, the appearance attribute, and
localization and internationalization issues such as representation of
numbers and dates."

so it is fairly open for an implementation.

We could discuss what we consider a reasonable minimum set of mediatypes
to recommend.

I'll put it on the agenda.

By the way, the subject line mentions <label> and then you talk about
<output>. Are you proposing it for both?
It seems to me that we should try to ensure that <label> and <output> are
consistent.

Steven