Re: Whitespace processing during recalculate

All,

I agree that this is a point that has not yet been fully examined. It
remains me that XForms considers xsd:string for input/password controls
while only xsd:normalizedString (no tab, no newline,...) is effectively
supported.

Do you mean, for example, that, in incremental mode, the input value for
the XForms control is always empty while the corresponding input field
still contains just spaces? Is the input field just updated to the
XForms value when focus is lost?

I think we should define a specific XForms data type for this case. This
type could then be bound to nodes or defined as default.

We should always have a way to alter global engine options within a
form. XSLTForms v1 allows authors to add processing instructions for
that purpose. XSLTForms v2, because of HTML5, allows an <xforms-engine>
element with attributes. Attributes such as model/version and
model/functions sound to me more global options than options related to
a specific model.

What do you think?

--Alain