Re: The action Element

"12.5.5 The xforms-action-error Event" [1] covers this:

    "Target: the event observer that caused the action to be executed"

So it's the outer action element. Since the event bubbles you can listen to
it anywhere in the enclosing scope.

-Erik

[1]
https://www.w3.org/community/xformsusers/wiki/XForms_2.0#The_xforms-action-error_Event