From:   Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
To:     Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>,
Cc:     "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>, "public-xformsusers@w3.org"
<public-xformsusers@w3.org>, Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
Date:   02/18/2014 04:50 PM
Subject:        Re: New introduction to XForms 2.0
Sent by:        ebruchez@gmail.com

Steven,

Sorry not to have done this sooner, but I have now reviewed the intro.
My comments/corrections below:

1. This might be personal, but I don't like much the use of "XForm" as
a countable thing, as in "an XForm", "some XForms". I would prefer
talking about a "form", and "some forms", as it is clear what we are
talking about here.

2. I am not sure that it helps to mention "Experience has shown […]
order of magnitude". I would rather leave this out (or that would call
for a "citation needed"), as whether true or not it does sound like a
marketing message.

3. Typo: "manipulted → "manipulated".

4. `<itemset nodeset="...">`: should now be `<itemset ref="...">`.

5. "As the name suggests": not sure how the name suggests "Web" forms?
To me it would suggest "XML" forms ;)

6. A big issue with XForms 1.1 and earlier is how you deal with
calculations on currency values, as there was no decimal type (answer:
they work on doubles and produce funny results at times). So in the
example that shows `calculate="../unitprice * ../howmany"`, there
should be a `bind` assigning a `decimal` type to `unitprice`. This is
now possible out of the box with the use or XPath 2 and type
annotations.

That's it for now!

-Erik