Re: [via XForms Users Community Group]

Hi Erik,

Thanks.

As with many NHS patient forms there are a variety of channels available
for completing these pre-op assessments including post, phone or
face-to-face assessments with an NHS nurse. In general I understand a lot
of the completed forms have to be re-keyed or are simply maintained as
paper records.

I am not sure of the exact proportions but I think the face-to-face
assessments are probably the most common. From a clinical standpoint the
face-to-face assessments probably produce the most reliable result but are
obviously very resource intensive and are also inconvenient for the
patient. For many patients who are generally fit and well I think the
electronic form version is the way to go, with the other channels still
available if the patient does not want to use the form, or where further
clarity is required by the NHS organisation.

Mike