Re: Michael Oghia has joined the Web We Can Afford Community Group

Dear Michael,

Sorry for the late answer, I was away for a rather long time (and I think
you didn't send your message on the group's mailing list ;) which is
public-wwca@w3.org)

Le Thu, 22 Jun 2017 14:52:22 +0200, Michael Oghia <mike.oghia@gmail.com> a
écrit:

> Dear all,
>
> My name is Michael Oghia, and I am pleased to join this group. I was
> introduced to it by fellow group member Alexandre Monnin, and I look
> forward to participating in the discussion.
>
> I am a Belgrade-based independent consultant working within the Internet
> governance ecosystem. My interest in the topic stems from my work with
> sustainable access.
>
> began examining the connection between the environment, energy, climate
> change, and sustainability as it relates to the Internet and ICTs last
> summer. I wrote two investigative articles looking into the matter as
> well:
> the first is an essay
> <http://www.circleid.com/posts/20161006_the_internets_climate_quandary_inconvenience_of_practicing/>
> I wrote last October examining the relationship between climate changeand
> the Internet, while the second is a follow-up article
> <http://www.circleid.com/posts/20170321_shedding_light_on_how_much_energy_internet_and_ict_consume/>
> published in March about the amount of energy consumed by the Internetand
> ICTs. I then hosted a roundtable workshop
> <https://eurodigwiki.org/wiki/WS_11_2017> focusing on sustainable access
> at
> the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG
> <https://www.eurodig.org/>) earlier this month.
>
> Now that I have introduced this topic to the EuroDIG community, I am
> working on three broad goals for the next 6 months:
>
> *1.* Continue building capacity and networking with organizations and
> individuals that are invested in the topic from across stakeholdergroups,
> including sustainability ICT researchers.

Hopefully we can help there :)

> *2. *Write and publish more about sustainable access.

I'll gladly read what you want to publish on that topic.

> *3. *Work with Emily Taylor (Oxford Internet Institute) and Giovanni
> Seppia
> (EurID) on a workshop they submitted that was accepted to the Internet
> Governance Forum (IGF), which will be held in Geneva in December.

Oh, that is great. Could you tell us more about it please?

> Please do not hesitate to reach out to me should I be able to be of
> assistance. I am happy to be a resource for this group.

Many thanks Michael!

Best,
A.