Re: reaching the CSS parser

On 28/12/14 21:22, Brian Kardell wrote:

> The simplest answer, to me, seems to be that you'd have to define things
> upfront, that is - before you actually parsed the rule into some kind of
> OM, else it would be unknown and lost as it is today. If this is the
> route taken, then it's probably worth figuring out just how that
> integrates without much complexity.

Absolutely. I hope we can rely on the rules' order to do that.
We had a similar issue in the original CSS Variables proposal (from
Hyatt and myself) where @variables at-rules had to happen before all
others.
There are other options, of course; we could for instance (only
thinking out loud here) introduce a new mimetype for CSS extensions.

</Daniel>