Re: WhatTF > EXTF

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Rossen Atanassov <
Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com> wrote:

> [...]

I'd like to suggest something completely different while we have 1000
options on the table.  Instead of YASUA (Yet another stupid unpronounceable
acronym) which we will bikeshed meanings about for all eternity, let's just
give it an abstract code-name - there's a rich history of doing this in
software (and in standards - HTML 3.2 was code named "Wilbur" and the next
was named "Cougar").

Let's just call it "Project Houdini".  Houdini was an illusionist, not a
magician.  He was a great explainer of anything claiming to be 'magic' and
belonged to a Scientific American committee which publicly offered a prize
to anyone who could demonstrate something supernatural.  The aim of this
task force, I think, is to somehow (in the words of the Extensible Web
Manifesto) explain (and expose) the underlying magic of the platform and
allow extensibility in the one place in the platform which has been
historically a little hostile to such ideas.

Before anyone asks, yes, this is a serious proposal - it's absolutely no
worse than TAGCSSEXTTF or ASDFAISHE or EXTASHI or whatever else anyone is
proposing - at least people can pronounce it, it's meaningful and has the
bonus of being interesting and fun while still entirely serious.