Re: WhatTF > EXTF

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Rossen Atanassov <
Rossen.Atanassov@microsoft.com> wrote:

> In my intro mail I talked about some of the things that we want to tackle
> and it all comes down to the extensibility of CSS. Defining exactly what
> the box tree is (it is quite different in non-khtml implementations trust
> me), page box, box model, relation with styles, lifetime etc. In addition
> we're interested in the OM that would allow script to manipulate these
> objects without having to necessary go through DOM (there are a lot more
> boxes than elements in fragmentation for example).

For future reference, please be careful about the phrase "go through DOM".
To many people "DOM" means everything we expose through WebIDL, so "not
going through DOM" means more than just avoiding dependence on DOM Nodes.

Since it is all about the extensibility of CSS we propose to rename the
> taskforce to Extensibility Taskforce or EXTF for short (the extf.org is
> already secured by us).

The name should include something limiting the group's scope to CSS/style.
Many parts of the Web platform have or need extensibility.

Thanks,
Rob
owohooo
oioso