From:   Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To:     WSC WG public <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Cc:     Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date:   05/12/2010 05:01 PM
Subject:        Call for Consensus: WSC-UI to Proposed Recommendation
Sent by:        public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org

Hi,

it's time to make a big decision:  We've processed the last call comments
[1], updated the editor's draft [2], have an implementation report
together [3], and have a transition request drafted [4].

Therefore, on Mez's behalf, I'd like to propose that we resolve to request
transition of WSC-UI to Proposed Recommendation.  If and when the Director
approves that transition, the W3C Advisory Committee will be asked to
review the document and give its advice to the Director, who then will
decide whether the document is advanced to W3C Recommendation.

To keep a record (and spare all of us another telephone conference), we're
making this decision as a formal vote through a Web form:
                 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39814/wscuitopr/

The questionnaire is open through 21 May (next week Friday).

1. http://www.w3.org/2006/02/lc-comments-tracker/39814/WD-wsc-ui-20100309/
2. http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html
3. http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/wsc-impl.html
4. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2010May/0006.html