ISSUE-244: UI conformance criteria for TLS indicator and Identity Signal [wsc-xit]

From: Web Security Context Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:24:36 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-244: UI conformance criteria for TLS indicator and Identity Signal [wsc-xit]

http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/issues/244

Raised by: Thomas Roessler
On product: wsc-xit

To clarify the identity signal and TLS indicator language, I propose:

- identifying the relevant user interface elements in conformance claims
- changing the consistency requirement to reach the identity signal (XXIX and XXX) to SHOULD

(both of these changes are included with the current editor's draft)

We need to review whether XXVIII has sufficient implementation support, given the choice of identity signal UI component made by the various implementers.