odds with a model that was not fully realized.

It's always hard to know which items one should "go to the mat" on.

          Mez

----- Forwarded by Mary Ellen Zurko/Westford/IBM on 04/23/2010 06:16 PM
-----

From:   Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
To:     <mzurko@us.ibm.com>
Cc:     <public-usable-authentication@w3.org>
Date:   04/23/2010 10:12 AM
Subject:        Re: Don't favour https ( LC-2382)
Sent by:        public-usable-authentication-request@w3.org

> It would be confusing to
> users to see an indication of TLS security, such as augmented assurance
> (such as with EV) certificates, and an http: URI.
This is based on a misunderstanding about URIs. They identify resources,
not characteristics of access to those resources (such as security). AWWW
and other documents are clear on this. Existing confusion in some users
should be rectified, not entrenched, lest I formally object. My request
that the spec doesn't go for the latter (specifically, removing "an https
URL was used" from the definition would resolve the issue) still stands.

Best regards,

Krzysztof Maczyński
Invited Expert, HTML WG