Re: bookmarks and Weave Re: timeless' review and my responses so far

Think of it from an architecture perspective: The user uses the UA to interact with web pages.  Those web pages execute JavaScript and talk to APIs in the client.  Our requirements are on those APIs.

Now, the UA does all kinds of things behind the user's back -- like sending HTTP or HTTPS requests to a search engine when you type into the search box (or the address bar), or like sending HTTP requests to a location provider when you click on "locate me".  In this case, you aren't really using HTTP (or HTTPS) to interact with a Web server -- you're simply using it as a transport to talk to some part of the UA functionality that has been outsourced into the cloud.

Does this help?