Re: ACTION-575: behavior of current spec for dependent content

Checking the XMLHttpRequest Level 2 spec (editor's draft)...

   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest-2/#initiating-a-request

... that specification actually covers the TLS error case in the same
way as XMLHttpRequest for same-origin requests.  I.e., it's deemed a
hard error and left for the application to deal with.

That suggests that some of my proposed section 8.7 is getting things
wrong.  Unfortunately, though, the relevant changes are only in
editor's drafts and not even in published working drafts, so the
relevant behavior is a bit uncertain.

I propose reducing 8.7 to the first paragraph, and then noticing that
the we expect the XHR specs to go for the "it's a hard error, leave it
to the application" choice.

> ref="ref-XHR"/> <bibref ref="ref-XHRl2"/>, this specification
> permits either handling the error situation as a network error (and
> leaving behavior to the Web application in question) or causing a
> user interaction.  It is expected that upcoming specifications for
> the XMLHttpRequest API will	opt for the former choice.</p>

Thoughts?

(I'm not quite committing this to CVS yet.)