consistency observation re absence of trustworthy information (Re: Discussion of 6.1 for LC June)

On 2008-03-07 08:58:55 -0500, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Current text is at:
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#IdentitySignal
>
> Issue 1) Requiring a "no identity" state, particularly in primary chrome.
> The text:
> User interactions to access this identity signal MUST be consistent across
> all Web interactions facilitated by the user agent, including interactions
> during which the Web user agent has no trustworthy information about the
> [[identity]] of the Web site that a user interacts with. In this case,
> user agents SHOULD indicate that no information is available.

Reading this text again, carefully, I notice that the SHOULD in the
second sentence seems inconsistent with the MUST in the first one.
In other words, I can't think of a way to be conformant with the
MUST, but not the SHOULD.  I'll therefore change the SHOULD in that
second sentence to a MUST, and aim to keep it consistent across both
sentences.

(If somebody can come up with a consistent example, or if we
otherwise decide to modify this part, I'll happily change this back
-- this change is about consistency only.)