From: Ian Fette [mailto:ifette@google.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 1:13 PM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: URL disambiguation

This seems bad to me. Specifically, trying HTTPS before HTTP is going to
be costly to some few number of sites. E.g. a ton of users just type in
google.com, yahoo.com, microsoft.com. For many of these use cases, SSL
is not appropriate. I understand the desire that for banks it goes to
https, but for the general web this is not a good thing IMHO. What would
be better is to say that if you're a banking site, you should
immediately redirect from http:// to https://. Trying to move the whole
web to https:// is very different, and is basically what you propose.

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM, <michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com>