Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-18

On 2008-06-17 08:20:06 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> 7) Taking wsc-xit to Last Call (LC)
> I'm hoping we're ready to resolve to do this by the meeting. Let's see,
> and if are, let's so resolve.
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4

I guess that that decision implies a number of other ones (just
looking through the list of open action items):

- We do not discuss logotypes in the security considerations section
  (ACTION-457, on PHB, isn't done)

  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/actions/457

- We consider Anil's actions ACTION-458 and ACTION-462 as purely
  editorial.

  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/actions/458
  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/actions/462

- We do not make the changes that ACTION-466 (on Anil) was supposed
  to lead to.

  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/actions/466

- We believe that ACTION-478 (on Joe Steele, about user testing
  background for the robustness stuff) isn't in the critical path
  for the specification.

  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/actions/478

(For what it's worth, I'd support each of these.)

I'd also like to call out some of the more significant recent
changes:

- We now have a new conformance model, which tries to address the
  augmented assurance and strong algorithm conundrums through
  disclosure requirements on conformance claims.  See here for
  detailed discussion:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0046.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0050.html

  Note that the lengthy text about plugin requirements is gone for
  now, as noted in this message:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0069.html

- The security considerations text on EV and DV certificates got
  updated:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0068.html
  http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/rec/rewrite.html#security-considerations-ev-dv

Finally, as we take this document to Last Call, I think it's time to
reconsider its name.  I'd like to propose one of:

  Security User Interface Guidelines
  Web Security Context: User Interface Guidelines

... and a possible change of shortname to suig or wsc-uig.

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0065.html

Regards,