Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-18

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:36:11 +0200
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

On 2008-06-17 08:20:06 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> 7) Taking wsc-xit to Last Call (LC)
> I'm hoping we're ready to resolve to do this by the meeting. Let's see,
> and if are, let's so resolve.
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4

I guess that that decision implies a number of other ones (just
looking through the list of open action items):

- We do not discuss logotypes in the security considerations section
  (ACTION-457, on PHB, isn't done)

- We consider Anil's actions ACTION-458 and ACTION-462 as purely

- We do not make the changes that ACTION-466 (on Anil) was supposed
  to lead to.

- We believe that ACTION-478 (on Joe Steele, about user testing
  background for the robustness stuff) isn't in the critical path
  for the specification.

(For what it's worth, I'd support each of these.)

I'd also like to call out some of the more significant recent

- We now have a new conformance model, which tries to address the
  augmented assurance and strong algorithm conundrums through
  disclosure requirements on conformance claims.  See here for
  detailed discussion:

  Note that the lengthy text about plugin requirements is gone for
  now, as noted in this message:

- The security considerations text on EV and DV certificates got

Finally, as we take this document to Last Call, I think it's time to
reconsider its name.  I'd like to propose one of:

  Security User Interface Guidelines
  Web Security Context: User Interface Guidelines

... and a possible change of shortname to suig or wsc-uig.