W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wsc-wg@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-18

From: Serge Egelman <egelman@cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 01:35:22 -0400
Message-ID: <48589E9A.9020404@cs.cmu.edu>
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
CC: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

Regrets, running a user study.

serge

Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:
> 
>        Web Security Context (WSC) Distributed Meeting Agenda
> 
> Logistics:
> Wednesday, 18 June 2008
> 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern time_
> __http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings__
> __http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20080618_ 
> <http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20071031>
> 
> 
> Agenda
> 
> 1) Pick a scribe_
> __http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/cheatsheet#Scribing__
> __http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/scribes_
> 
> 2) Approve minutes from meetings
> http://www.w3.org/2008/06/11-wsc-minutes.html
> 
> 3) Weekly completed action items
> (Usually checkpointed Friday am, US East Coast time)
> [pending review] ACTION-419: Thomas Roessler to Either strike last para 
> of 6.4.1 or propose alternative - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-426: Thomas Roessler to Incorporate ISSUE-128 
> text - due 2008-06-16
> [pending review] ACTION-427: Thomas Roessler to propose language for SSC 
> section that covers "locally configured trust anchor is actually shown 
> by server" edge case - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-441: Thomas Roessler to Draft list of workgroups 
> in response to ISSUE-74 - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-442: Anil Saldhana to Rephrase 5.1.6 as 
> described - due 2008-06-14
> [pending review] ACTION-445: Anil Saldhana to Remove the quoted section 
> of TLS Errors, concerned with failed status revocation checks - due 
> 2008-06-10
> [pending review] ACTION-446: Thomas Roessler to Draft uncontroversial 
> text to update section 3.1 and insert it - due 2008-06-10
> [pending review] ACTION-450: Anil Saldhana to Update section 5.3 (Mixed 
> Content) to include proposal 2 text - due 2008-05-29
> [pending review] ACTION-451: Thomas Roessler to Add extension text to 
> section 4.1, and possibly merge/reorg sections 3 and 4 - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-452: Thomas Roessler to Update 5.5.1 with wiki 
> text, and possibly edit 5.1.5 to avoid "pinning" repetition - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-456: Thomas Roessler to Say why validated certs 
> are worthy of so much reliance, for security considerations - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-460: Thomas Roessler to Include ISSUE-208 text 
> in section 9 (with edits as needed) - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-461: Thomas Roessler to Alter 6.4.1 accordingly 
> - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-463: Thomas Roessler to Add ISSUE-210 text to 
> section 9, with edit to reference "managing user attention" section - 
> due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-465: Thomas Roessler to Remove sqbrackets from 
> identity signal section - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-470: Thomas Roessler to Create FPWD of best 
> practices for web authors, remove section 8 and references from wsc-xit 
> - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-475: Thomas Roessler to Move appendix content to 
> a new document for "post-june" - due 2008-06-06
> [pending review] ACTION-481: Thomas Roessler to write up initial 
> thoughts on section 7 conformance testing - due 2008-06-15
> [pending review] ACTION-483: Thomas Roessler to Turn "MUST NOT unless" 
> into something without negation, around "history mechanism about 
> security information", context pinning - due 2008-06-18
> [pending review] ACTION-485: Thomas Roessler to Insert "derived" in "web 
> user agents MUST NOT display identity information from" - due 2008-06-18
> [pending review] ACTION-486: Johnathan Nightingale to Rewrite 
> redirection chains part - due 2008-06-18
> [pending review] ACTION-487: Mary Ellen Zurko to Review and polish 
> Overview section - due 2008-06-18
> 
> 4) Open Action Items_
> _http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0063.html
> 
> 5) Action items closed due to inactivity
> [pending review] ACTION-479: Maritza Johnson to Pull together usability 
> testing data from archives in 2 weeks - due 2008-06-04
> 
> 6) Agenda bashing
> 
> 7) Taking wsc-xit to Last Call (LC)
> I'm hoping we're ready to resolve to do this by the meeting. Let's see, 
> and if are, let's so resolve.
> _http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4_
> 
> 8) Conforming Implementations
> Needed for CR exit.
> We'll need at least two conforming implementations to test against. 
> We're currently targeting (at least) Opera and Firefox.
> Continue Firefox discussion this week. Johnthan is this leading 
> discussion; he is welcome to invite others.
> We'll pick up where we left off; 6.1.2
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/Firefox_3.0_Conformance_with_June_LC
> 
> 9) Next meeting - 18 June 2008
> 
> Finish up going over Opera 9.50 as a conforming implementation to test 
> against.
> Opera will create a wiki page for us to continue on for the walk through
> Yngve, Jan Vidar, and Claudio will be required. Perhaps next week?
> 

-- 
--
/*
PhD Candidate
Carnegie Mellon University

"Whoever said there's no such thing as a free lunch was never a grad 
student."

All views contained in this message, either expressed or implied, are 
the views of my employer, and not my own.
*/
Received on Wednesday, 18 June 2008 05:36:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 18 June 2008 05:36:13 GMT