W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wsc-wg@w3.org > June 2008

Re: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-11

From: Anil Saldhana <Anil.Saldhana@redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:47:54 -0500
Message-ID: <484FAD5A.5050401@redhat.com>
To: Joe Steele <steele@adobe.com>
CC: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

Regrets. Ping me on IRC.

Joe Steele wrote:
> Regrets, but I cannot make it tomorrow.
> 
> Joe
> 
> On 6/10/08 6:22 AM, "Mary Ellen Zurko" <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
> wrote:
> 
>>        Web Security Context (WSC) Call Agenda
>>
>> Calling information:
>> Wednesday, 11 June 2008
>> 11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern time
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings
>> <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings>
>> http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20080611
>> <http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20071031>
>>
>>
>> Agenda
>>
>> 1) Pick a scribe
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/cheatsheet#Scribing
>> <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/cheatsheet#Scribing>
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/scribes <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/scribes>
>>
>> 2) Approve minutes from meetings
>> Not available at the time of writing
>>
>> 3) Weekly completed action items
>> (Usually checkpointed Friday am, US East Coast time)
>> [pending review] ACTION-434: Anil Saldhana to Add robustness-obscuring xrefs
>> to identity signal and TLS signal - due 2008-05-31
>> [pending review] ACTION-453: Yngve Pettersen to Provide initial draft of
>> security considerations for EV mixed with DV case - due 2008-05-30
>>
>> 4) Open Action Items
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0007.html
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008Jun/0007.html>
>>
>> 5) Action items closed due to inactivity
>> None. 
>>
>> 6) Agenda bashing
>>
>> 7) Conforming Implementations
>> Needed for CR exit.
>> We'll need at least two conforming implementations to test against. We're
>> currently targeting (at least) Opera and Firefox.
>> Discuss Firefox this week. Johnthan is this discussion; he is welcome to
>> others. 
>> What version of Firefox will we test?
>> What can we expect in terms of MUSTs, SHOULDs, etc.
>> Will we have gaps?
>> We'll walk through the spec, logging which RFC 2119 statements Firefox expects
>> to cover, and which not.
>>
>> 8) Next meeting - 18 June 2008
>>
>> We need to wrap up actions and issues so we can go to last call.
>> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4
>> <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4>
>> All issues besides 188 and 199 will be closed when their associated actions
>> are closed. 
>> We'll do the final cleanup on 188 and 199 at that time.
>>
>> Finish up going over Opera 9.50 as a conforming implementation to test
>> against.
>> Yngve, Jan Vidar, and Claudio will be required. Perhaps next week?
>>
>> What else beyond June?
>> What, if anything, other than taking wsc-xit through LC to CR entry to CR exit
>> (to recommendation) would we like to do after June? What would we be capable
>> of doing? What should we, or someone like us, do?
>> Some ideas: 
>> o Authoring best practices for (usably) secured sites. Some of the things
>> we've wanted to recommend haven't been obviously in the scope of enabling
>> security context information for user trust decisions. Should we ask for a
>> charter clarification/change or new WG to do this?
>> o Dealing with mixed content (there's some feeling that there might be more to
>> do here). 
>> o Providing guidance or expertise to other standards efforts that touch on
>> usable security. Can we provide guidance on how to deal with user expectations
>> and implications when protocol security is designed/standardized? To do? Not
>> to do? 
>>
Received on Wednesday, 11 June 2008 10:48:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 11 June 2008 10:48:43 GMT