W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wsc-wg@w3.org > June 2008

RE: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-04 v2

From: Dan Schutzer <dan.schutzer@fstc.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:02:21 -0400
To: "'Mary Ellen Zurko'" <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>, <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00ae01c8c632$77850590$1a02320a@dschutzer>
My regrets, I have another meeting

 

  _____  

From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Mary Ellen Zurko
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:28 PM
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Agenda: WSC WG distributed meeting, Wednesday, 2008-06-04 v2

 


[added the minutes from Rachna and Ian; thanks folks! Sorry I didn't notice
them before I sent the first version.]


       Web Security Context (WSC) Call Agenda

Calling information:
Wednesday, 04 June 2008
11:00 am - 12:30 pm Eastern time
 <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings>
http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/#meetings
 <http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20071031>
http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar#D20080604


Agenda

1) Pick a scribe 
 <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/cheatsheet#Scribing>
http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/cheatsheet#Scribing
 <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/scribes> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/scribes

2) Approve minutes from meetings
 <http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-wsc-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-wsc-minutes.html
 <http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-wsc-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/28-wsc-minutes.html
 <http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-wsc-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-wsc-minutes.html
 <http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-wsc-minutes.html>
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/14-wsc-minutes.html

3) Weekly completed action items
(Usually checkpointed Friday am, US East Coast time) 
[pending review] ACTION-425: Anil Saldhana to Incorporate agreed text for
ISSUE-116 - due 2008-05-29
[pending review] ACTION-435: Anil Saldhana to Update 7.1.2 to contain the
proposed text (superceding earlier changes) - due 2008-05-20
[pending review] ACTION-436: Anil Saldhana to Update section 7.4.1 with the
proposed text - due 2008-05-20
[pending review] ACTION-439: Anil Saldhana to Remove relaxed path validation
section and references - due 2008-05-20
[pending review] ACTION-442: Anil Saldhana to Rephrase 5.1.6 as described -
due 2008-05-20
[pending review] ACTION-443: Anil Saldhana to Include proposal v6 changes to
6.4.4 - due 2008-05-20
[pending review] ACTION-447: Anil Saldhana to Petname refinement on
presentation - due 2008-05-23
[pending review] ACTION-448: Anil Saldhana to clarify cert status and
network errors - due 2008-06-04
[pending review] ACTION-450: Anil Saldhana to Update section 5.3 to include
proposal 2 text - due 2008-05-29
[pending review] ACTION-455: Johnathan Nightingale to Dd that wording to
5.1.2 - due 2008-05-21
[pending review] ACTION-476: Tyler Close to Create list of usability claims
and issues for potential testing of petnames section 5.1.6 - due 2008-05-28

4) Open Action Items
 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008May/0094.html>
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wsc-wg/2008May/0094.html

5) Action items closed due to inactivity 
None. 

6) Agenda bashing 

7) Conforming Implementations
Needed for CR exit. 
We'll need at least two conforming implementations to test against. We're
currently targeting (at least) Opera and Firefox. 
Discuss Opera this week. Yngve and Jan Vidar are required for this
dicussion; they may bring others. 
What version of Opera will we test? 
What can we expect in terms of MUSTs, SHOULDs, etc. 
Will we have gaps? 
We'll walk through the spec, logging which RFC 2119 statements Opera expects
to cover, and which not. 

8) Next meeting - 11 June 2008

We need to wrap up actions and issues so we can go to last call. 
 <http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4>
http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/track/products/4
All issues besides 188 and 199 will be closed when their associated actions
are closed. 
We'll do the final cleanup on 188 and 199 at that time. 
Double check issue 201

Firefox as a conforming implementation to test against.
Johnathan will be required. Perhaps next week? 

Topics for future meetings, carried over from the Oslo agenda: 

What else beyond June?
What, if anything, other than taking wsc-xit through LC to CR entry to CR
exit (to recommendation) would we like to do after June? What would we be
capable of doing? What should we, or someone like us, do? 
Some ideas: 
o Authoring best practices for (usably) secured sites. Some of the things
we've wanted to recommend haven't been obviously in the scope of enabling
security context information for user trust decisions. Should we ask for a
charter clarification/change or new WG to do this? 
o Dealing with mixed content (there's some feeling that there might be more
to do here). 
o Providing guidance or expertise to other standards efforts that touch on
usable security. Can we provide guidance on how to deal with user
expectations and implications when protocol security is
designed/standardized? To do? Not to do? 
Received on Wednesday, 4 June 2008 11:03:11 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 4 June 2008 11:03:12 GMT