Re: Is the padlock a page security score?

Yes, this was done by my lab.  I'm in the acknowledgments section.

If you read the whole thing, the numbers that you're citing are in
reference to whether users had previously seen these things prior to the
study.  For instance, the 85% you cite is merely saying that 85% had
claimed to have seen lock icons at some point in their past, not during
the course of this study.

I suggest you read the Whalen and Inkpen study that's in our shared
bookmarks.

serge

--
/*