From: Ian Fette [mailto:ifette@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:09 PM
To: McCormick, Mike
Cc: hahnt@us.ibm.com; public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Is the padlock a page security score?

I don't know about useless, but I worry a *lot* about giving a false
sense of security. There could be a site using DNSSEC and an EV-cert,
that is hosted on some crappy shared server that uses a MySQL 3 database
and we would give it a 100. That's disturbing to me because it would be
very misleading and provide a very false sense of security.