"Perspectives": using a third-party service to ease self-signed certificate pains

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:12:45 +0200
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org

This might be worth having a look at:
  http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~perspectives/

Effectively, de-centralized key continuity management, with trusted
servers in the cloud keeping information about keys that were
prevoiusly encountered.  It might be worth a check on our side
whether Firefox equipped with the plugin described here would
conform to the KCM-related pieces of our specification, and - if not
- what changes on either side that might suggest.

Regards,