RE: Authoring practices on mixed content and unsafe redirects.

2nd this.

Mixed mode sites may have been a reasonable design a few years ago, I
no longer feel that this is true. Attack vectors have changed with the
use of dynamic content and 3rd party providers.

Feel that Johnathan makes a valid point and can't be better said

"Okay, you want to make those tradeoffs, go ahead, but don't call
yourself security-standards-compliant."

I deviate from Johnathan in that do not feel that TLS/SSL imposes a
significant penalty on the provider(s). It is the cost of doing
business.

Cheers

Bill D.

wdoyle@mitre.org