RE: WSC Open Action Items

I had submitted quite a while ago responses to :

[OPEN] ACTION-302: Daniel Schutzer to Create sketches and interaction notes
to send to usability testing group - due 2007-10-09

Here it is:

Safe Web Browsing

Description of operation

When a user opens the browser, the first page they see requests them to
click on one of two choices:

1.	Go into Safe Web Mode (restricted to only trusted websites)
2.	Browse the entire Internet

When in Safe Mode, the entire browser chrome will be a distinctive different
color, such as green. There should be a default color, but it should be
adjustable by the user. A button will appear in the chrome that says "Safe
Mode, click to return to Full Internet." When not in Safe mode the button,
will say "Full Internet Browsing, click to return to Safe Mode"

Once selected, the browser will stay in Safe Web Mode until the user either
closes down the browser, or clicks on a button in the Chrome that says
"return to Full Internet"

Anytime a user is at a web site, the user should be able to "add" or
"delete" that site from Safe Mode. There should be a button in the chrome
that allows this action.

To be added to Safe Mode, a site must be qualified. If a site is not
qualified to be in placed in Safe Zone, and a user attempts to add this site
to Safe Mode, the browser will return a message that says "This web page is
not qualified to be viewed in Safe Mode"

To be allowed in Safe Zone, a site would have to conform to the requirements
specified in the Safe Web Browser Recommendation; namely, the site must be
able to be authenticated as a safe site (for example: page must be digitally
signed with an appropriate certificate and logo type, which validates the
site has undergone appropriate investigation and on-going auditing by an
authorized authority, and the sites IP addresses match addresses previously
registered and signed by registration agent).

When in Safe Mode, besides the web page checking, the browser's security
settings will be automatically set to maximum protection.

  _____