Re: clarifications needed re safe form editor cert matching algorithm

Not really... you have absolutely no way of knowing that
ianfette.googlepages.com is on the same server as googlepages.com. Given our
architecture, I have no idea. It's a server we own, but it's not necessarily
one of the googlepages.com servers.

Also though, let's say that you have a phishing site at
https://ifette.googlepages.com - I don't really know that I want a lock
being displayed there, or whatever security indicators we display, based on
Google's certificate. Right now most free web hosts aren't giving users SSL
(that I know of), and this would be an easy way for an attacker to get free
SSL with a pretty good cert. Not really ideal, and could even make us more
of a target. Who knows, rampant speculation past this point...

-Ian