Re: FW: ISSUE-83: Scenario updates (for certain abilities andfunctional limitations)

On 2007-08-31 07:38:06 -0400, Dan Schutzer wrote:

> Use Case 2
> Mary attempts to access a site that has been identified by the browser as a
> phishing site. Mary is visually impaired how will the browser warn Mary
> about the site? What if Mary had other disabilities; e.g. poor hearing,
> dexterity?
>
> Destination site
> no prior interaction, unknown organization
>
> Navigation
> clicks on a link
>
> Intended interaction
> access website
>
> Actual interaction
> Warning

Per ACTION-308 and its duplicate ACTION-309, here's a paragraph to
add before section 6.1, to address this concern.  This could be
added instead of having this use case, since -- as we discussed
today -- basically any use case could have the disability aspect
added.

	The use cases in this document make no particular
	assumptions about the capabilities and cultural background
	of the user in question. [WCAG]

	# The user may not be able to see, hear, move, or may not be
	able to process some types of information easily or at all.
	# They may have difficulty reading or comprehending text.
	# They may not have or be able to use a keyboard or mouse.
	# They may not speak or understand fluently the language in
	which the messages are written.
	# They may be in a situation where their eyes, ears, or
	hands are busy or interfered with (e.g., driving to work,
	working in a loud environment, etc.).

The bullet point list is taken from the introduction to the WCAG REC
[1] (with slight adaptions), that I propose including in the note's
references section.

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/

Regards,