Re: ACTION-318: Draft a new subsection to section 7 discussing the mixing of trusted/untrusted information in the UI

I'd agree that this sounds like a Robustness (§8) topic too.  There
is already an 8.2 though, so I would expect this to be 8.4.

I would also point out that we should be clear here, because there
are two kinds of mixing:

  - Mixing web content some of which was obtained over SSL and some
of which was not
  - Displaying unverified certificate fields alongside verified
fields, in certificate-based UI

This action deals with the second one only, which is fine, but it
should be made clear that we are talking about certificate contents,
since "mixed content" usually refers to the first type.

I'll also be interested to see how this phrasing ends up, because I
wouldn't want us writing a recommendation that, for instance, makes
browsers with a "View Certificate" button non-conforming since that
UI will show all the fields of the cert, verified alongside
unverified.  If we want to specify presentation even in cases like
that, we should be deliberate about it.

---
Johnathan Nightingale
Human Shield