Re: ACTION-209: What is a secure page?

Things that could be considered:

Chrome area, similiar to the yellow "popup blocked" area in IE, perhaps
reserved, perhaps not (if "not", then it's spoofable, if only used for
negative, then not useful to spoof, standard issues about user
attention...). Techniques like that seem much more in keeping with safe
staging than dialogs.

It's possible that the proposals around input rituals could be extended to
all inputs, not just PII. I'd have to refresh myself on our current
PIIEditorBar proposal as well as Web Wallet to convince myself one way or
another.

I'm not saying we should. I'm just saying that if we actually wanted to, I
do believe there are some alternatives that would be better than what's
there and better than nothing.

> So how does one deal with this?  It seems that FF and Opera are already
> doing all that can be done (some would argue that IE is as well--if they
> show it once and users choose to disable it, the browser has done all
> that it can, aside from acting against the user's wishes).
>
> There's not much more that can be done.  You can't put something into
> chrome that examines all insecure forms, as I would wager a decent deal
> of money that the majority of secure websites have forms to insecure
> pages (e.g. search boxes).  And you can't really rewrite the content to
> highlight the insecure forms, as the website can also alter the content.
>  Notwithstanding the fact that users can't tell the difference between
> chrome and content.
>
> So what more can really be done besides a popup?
>
> serge
>
> Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA) wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 15 May 2007 22:29:30 +0200, Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer
Opera
> > Software ASA) <yngve@opera.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I have just put my proposals about "what a secure page is" on the
Wiki