From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Yngve N. Pettersen
(Developer Opera Software ASA)
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 4:53 PM
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: "Old" TLS version mentioned in use cases draft

Hi,

Skimming through the latest draft I found this:

-----------------
8.1 Widely deployed, strong cryptography

Since its first deployment, the SSL protocol has undergone multiple
revisions, culminating in the current TLS/1.0 protocol. [...]
-----------------

The most recent TLS version is TLS 1.1 (RFC 4346).  GnuTLS and Opera
8+ are known implementations of this version. IIRC I have seen mention
of
several more being developed or being deployed.

--
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

Senior Developer                     Email: yngve@opera.com
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01