Re: VeriSign offers IE7-style EV-SSL "green bar" to Firefox users

On 25-May-07, at 5:01 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> However...
>
>> If this group is willing to tackle it, I believe this issue is
>> probably in scope of the WSC charter.
>
> ... the element that I'd say is in scope (and that hasn't received a
> lot of attention lately) is the user experience while installing
> local software, or browser extensions.

Do you mean in terms of how those options are presented? I'm not sure
that is in scope, but we should probably discuss it. It doesn't feel
entirely like part of the user's web security, other than to make it
clear that the user is about to install software (to avoid drive-by
installation) but maybe that's what you meant.

cheers,
mike