Re: Last Call - and wsc-usecases

On 2007-05-23 09:47:09 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

>> I think having it in June makes sense; we should be able to
>> proceed on the issues in time for that.

> But it's not "finalized" til the next November. That's the part
> that shifted.

Ah, I see.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#formal-address

>> Well, wsc-usecases is a note in the first place.  There's
>> nothing in the process to keep us from updating it.  The Last
>> Call is, however, a promise toward the community that we're not
>> planning to do major changes to the note once the Last Call
>> (and handling of LC comments) is over.

> Is adding to the list of security context data "major"? If not,
> then I'm OK with that.

We can certainly say when announcing LC that we plan to do an update
later on that brings that list in line with what's in the rec track
dcuments, but expect the core content of the document to be stable
once published as a note.

>> The main question that the current schedule creates in my mind
>> is whether the "initial consensus on recommendations" milestone
>> is even close to being realistic.

> If we don't have an initial concensus by July, we slip the end
> date of our charter (recommendations by June 08). We have no more
> slack in our schedule. What process do we need to invoke if we
> see that happening?

We at some point ask for a charter extension, which the Director can
grant.  I think, though, that we're significantly too early in the
group's lifetime to ask for that already.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#charter-extension

> If you think we need another f2f, please do start the
> discussion/planning.  Be warned, my September schedule is a train
> wreak (so perhaps the first step is a questionnaire to get a feel
> from the group about who would come to one, when).

Looking at the overall geography of meetings so far, I'm guessing
this might be another West Coast meeting.

http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39814/f2f3sched/?

Regards,