	From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mary Ellen Zurko
	Sent: Monday, May 21, 2007 12:41 PM
	To: Close, Tyler J.
	Cc: sduffy@aol.net; public-wsc-wg@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Editing process for Recommendations

	We're past May 18th. How are we doing? It seems we have three
proposals that have been put in template format. Will those be forming
the basis of our first public working draft recommendations?

	          Mez

	Mary Ellen Zurko, STSM, IBM Lotus CTO Office       (t/l
333-6389)
	Lotus/WPLC Security Strategy and Patent Innovation Architect

"Close, Tyler J." <tyler.close@hp.com>
Sent by: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org

04/27/2007 06:40 PM

<public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
cc
Subject
Editing process for Recommendations

	The calendar will soon turn to May and so if we're to do
anything other
	than drink Guinness while in Dublin for the next F2F, we will
need some
	draft recommendations.

	I think each draft recommendation should be written up by the
primary WG
	members who will be developing the proposal. This division of
labor
	ensures each proposal is described by those most knowledgeable
about it,
	and that we've got a champion for each proposal who will help
drive the
	testing and implementation work that must be done.

	To get some consistency among the proposal descriptions, I think
we
	should develop a template. The template would specify some
required
	sections for each proposal. For example, we could require a
section that
	enumerates the use-cases addressed by the proposal, or the
security
	information items relied upon, or the usability principles that
are
	leveraged, etc. We should develop this template over the course
of the
	next week.

	I'd need to get finished text for each of the proposals by May
18th. By
	finished text, I mean the exact text that should appear in the
	recommendation document, but not necessarily in the W3C XML
format. For
	those unfamiliar with this XML language, I could go through and
add the
	syntax for the sections, paragraphs and lists. Look at our Note
to see
	the available structural elements. Shawn and I could then merge
these
	proposals into a document by the 23rd so that we all have a week
to read
	and think about the proposals before meeting in Dublin.

	Tyler