Re: The ANEC comments and: Toward a last call for the Note

Sounds good. Within a week should give us at least enough time to address
the easy ones and start discussion on the hard ones before the LC.

          Mez

"Bruno von Niman" <ANEC_W3CRep_Bruno@vonniman.com>
06/26/2007 08:43 AM

"'Thomas Roessler'" <tlr@w3.org>, "'Mary Ellen Zurko'"
<Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
cc
<public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Subject
The ANEC comments and: Toward a last call for the Note

Dear Colleagues,

To bring some clarity to the status of the ANEC comments:

>> - We've got some more internal comments that we probably want
>>   to address before moving to Last Call; ANEC's come to mind.

> All internal comments that are supposed to turn into concrete
> changes in wsc-usecases are supposed to be Issues. Bruno knows
> that. I assume (yes, I know about assume) that a comment that
> does not turn into an Issue is not supposed to lead to a concrete
> change, but was made for conversational and awareness purposes.
> Given the time lag between the Bruno's posting of ANEC comments
> and now, I'm assuming (yes, I know about assume) that they are of
> that nature.

That, to me, sounds like setting up ourselves for not-even-surprises
in Last Call.

What's happened is that by the time the ANEC-internal approval process of
the comments was over, a new version of the document was released. In
addition, I missed the beers (and the meeting) in Dublin due to an airline
strike and was in the mean time asked to enter the comments into the
system.
This implied reviewing the comments in the perspective of the new draft,
the updating of them, internal communication and soon, approval. As the
time I can invest into this work is limited, this process takes time.

It is my intention to have the comments turned into Issues, as requested,
within a week (as most seem to still apply), as these were drafted with a
more serious purpose than conversational or awareness and we regard them
(at least some) as quite important with regard to future work. It's up to
you to cover them now or later (during a last call phase-in a way
comparable to WCAG 2.0 some of you will be familiar with). Whatever
option, I just want to assure you that our intentions are all-positive,
trying to ensure the best possible consumer experience!

Best regards for now,
Bruno