From: Mary Ellen Zurko [mailto:Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com]
Sent: den 15 juni 2007 17:04
To: Luis Barriga (KI/EAB)
Cc: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: RE: ISSUE-6: User Interface Issues for Mobile Browsing

Thanks Luis. This is obviously much more useful and comprehensive than
the brief editor's note suggested when the issue was first opened.

What do you think is the best way to incorporate this into wsc-usecases?
In other words, now's the time to propose the literal, concrete change.
My first thought is that 10.1, which currently discusses public review
expertise, can be extended to include participant expertise, and have a
pointer to this stating participant expertise in mobile browsing. I
could also see a section on the Applicability section of our proposal
template, and how mobile modalities is one being considered (either with
all this text or a pointer to it). Luis, how do you think this should be
incorporated in wsc-usecases? Tyler, as editor, other better thoughts?

          Mez

"Luis Barriga (KI/EAB)" <luis.barriga@ericsson.com>

06/13/2007 10:13 AM

"Mary Ellen Zurko" <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
cc
<public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Subject
RE: ISSUE-6: User Interface Issues for Mobile Browsing

Hej,

>> I don't quite understand what "state" means ... I imagine "context"
is ...

User's state means predispositions, expectations, needs, motivation,
mood, etc. Context is not only physical (like the ones you mentioned),
but also social (people surrounding the user), temporal (how long time a
user has for browsing) and task (what the user is trying to achieve).
All these impact mobile browsing.

>> isn't there some chrome?

I meant the visible part of the chrome. There is still the possibility
of controlling the browser via button clicks.

>> I don't understand the "T9 feature".
It's a predictive text (faster typing) technology (Text-on-9-keys) due
to lack of a complete keyboard.

Attached is a revisited version where I have considered your comments
and re-written some unclear part of the previous (inline) contribution.

Luis