Re: Page Security Score proposal

On 18-Jun-07, at 2:45 AM, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> Second thing - I recall from years ago someone telling me
> about a process-control GUI for a water treatment plant. Apparently
> it was just a colour-circle (like you get in ppt) where the
> current state of the system was a dot that wandered about
> driven by lots of complicate code no-one understood. Apparently
> the users got it though. No idea if that was a dumb or clever
> idea, but I still remember it;-)

Stephen,

Independent of the security score proposal, (where I think it would
be hard to advocate for something as intuitive-not-declarative as
this indicator, since it would sort of be saying "let's see how it
works!") maybe even independent of the WSC group in general, I think
this would be a really fun thing to explore.  Next F2F, we should
find some time to hack together a FF extension that does this sort of
multi-dimensions-as-wandering-dot feedback and see if anything fun
comes out of it.  I really like the idea of visualizing a complex N-
space and letting brains figure out what it means over time.

And thanks for the article link!

---
Johnathan Nightingale
Human Shield