RE: ISSUE-38: no safe haven in presentation space (from public comments)

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:45:39 -0400
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
I said I'd try to add more strength and clarity to the text of "directly
addressing", as Bill and Tyler requested. Here's my next iteration  of the
proposal:

5.n Other Security Challenges

As stated in the [http://www.w3.org/2005/Security/wsc-charter charter],
the mission of the Web Security Context Working
Group is to specify a baseline set of security context information that
should be accessible to Web users, and practices for the secure and usable

presentation of this information, to enable users to come to a better
understanding of the context that they are operating in when making trust
decisions on the Web. While the work this group does may have a positive
and beneficial effect on other security challenges on the web, directly
addressing such challenges is out of scope. Examples listed are listed in
[http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#out-of-scope Out of Scope],
including
[http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#vaporware protocols and data
formats] and [http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#XSS content
production exploits]. These examples are not
exhaustive.