RE: ISSUE-38: no safe haven in presentation space (from public comments)

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:45:39 -0400
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
I said I'd try to add more strength and clarity to the text of "directly
addressing", as Bill and Tyler requested. Here's my next iteration  of the

5.n Other Security Challenges

As stated in the [http://www.w3.org/2005/Security/wsc-charter charter],
the mission of the Web Security Context Working
Group is to specify a baseline set of security context information that
should be accessible to Web users, and practices for the secure and usable

presentation of this information, to enable users to come to a better
understanding of the context that they are operating in when making trust
decisions on the Web. While the work this group does may have a positive
and beneficial effect on other security challenges on the web, directly
addressing such challenges is out of scope. Examples listed are listed in
[http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#out-of-scope Out of Scope],
[http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#vaporware protocols and data
formats] and [http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/drafts/note/#XSS content
production exploits]. These examples are not