	From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Rachna Dhamija
	Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:55 PM
	To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
	Subject: ACTION 215: Revisit threat trees

	It would be helpful if people could look over the threat trees
before or during the next call:
	http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/ThreatTrees

	I modified the tree to add some attacks that are in scope but
were not reflected.  One source of confusion was that the section
previously labeled "site-impersonation attacks" only listed techniques
to lure users to the wrong website ( e.g., sending a link in email),
rather than site-impersonation attacks themselves (e.g. chrome
spoofing).   Luring and site-impersonation attacks are now in separate
sections.  If you disagree with anything here, please edit the wiki!

	As we discussed at the F2F, we still need to:
	- determine how to integrate threats with the use cases (Rachna
and Johnathan think that use cases and threats are independent and
don't need to be integrated. Tlr may disagree).
	- add references to evidence of actual attacks and
vulnerability databases (as suggested by Stephen F and seconded by
Rachna)
	- add any missing attacks (so far, only Yngve has reviewed and
added attacks)
	- make the terminology more formal and distinguish
vulnerabilities, risks, threats and exploits (as suggested by PHB)
	- decide what to do with out of scope attacks (include them or
not)

	I am closing out this action, though I expect that related
actions will be assigned during the next call.

	Rachna