Re: ACTION-208: "Site Identifying Images in Chrome" displayrecommendation

I might be nit-picking, but...

michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:

> ...  The favicon is never useful to identify
> a site because it is completely untrustworthy for that purpose.

...isn't correct. Things can be both useful and untrustworthy.
Many things are, including all the (useful:-) email on this
list.

Maybe you meant that they're dangerous, since they can easily
be used to try mislead?

Stephen.

PS: If someone can point me at somewhere where it discusses
why favicons are at all important, I'd appreciate that. I guess
I find it surprising that these are considered so interesting.