Re: P3P, , Internet filters and WAI

Since the topic keeps coming up, saying something should help. I would
very much like someone to propose something even better than what I
proposed.

          Mez

Re: P3P, , Internet filters and WAI

Thomas Roessler
to:
Mary Ellen Zurko
07/22/2007 03:03 PM

Cc:
public-wsc-wg

On 2007-07-20 08:00:41 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> I propose we add the following paragraph to what is currently the
> end of the overview (I also considered this for goals or scope,
> so if someone thinks it should be there instead, please say):

> As a W3C working group, we will be developing to W3C standards.

Of course we are, but not only.  I wonder if this statement isn't
likely to cause more confusion than enlightenment among readers --
one way to misread it (absurdly) would be to claim that we're not
paying attention to anything but W3C statements.

Maybe this is another case of trying to restate very general and
very fundamental principles, but poorly?

Just a thought...