Re: ACTION-265: Move Page Info Summary to Template Format

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:59:37 +0200
To: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Cc: "Johnathan Nightingale <johnath" <johnath@mozilla.com>, W3C WSC W3C WSC Public <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>

On 2007-07-19 08:23:46 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> "Whether the user has any saved credentials for this site "

Sounds good to me.

> Is there anything tricky or subtle here? For example, if there
> are ways to plug in credential management extensions to the user
> agent, then the user agent might not know. Would a better wording
> be "Whether the user has any saved credentials for this site
> through web user agent functionality"?

I don't think we should introduce the structure of implementations
into compliance language -- that gets us right back into the
discussions where the boundaries of the operating system really are.

If a browser is extended in a way that breaks compliance, well, bad
for the compliance of the resulting package.

Therefore, +1 to the original language, -1 to the proposed change.

Regards,