Re: ISSUE-82: Shared use in public spaces and homes

From: Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:30:14 -0400
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Cc: Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
As Thomas pointed out to me in IRC, the discussion is tracked in
http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/Group/track/actions/66

That's really helpful for if/when the issue comes up again. Thanks!

Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
07/06/2007 02:16 PM

Mary Ellen Zurko <Mary_Ellen_Zurko@notesdev.ibm.com>
cc
Web Security Context WG <public-wsc-wg@w3.org>
Subject

On 2007-07-05 12:15:40 -0400, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> The only thing I can think of adding to 5.8 would be something
> along the lines of using the existing user agent features for
> managing configuration and other per user data in shared use
> scenarios. I'm assuming we will and are. Hopefully others are
> assuming that too. Would you like to craft some concrete text
> around that, or some other aspect of shared use?

I think it's good to elaborate a bit more on shared use.  However,
we had a long discussion about this early on, and a pretty clear
consensus not to deal with the ramifications of shared use.

I'd hate to see that discussion reopen.