Re: ACTION-240 :TLS errors...

michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com wrote:
> I think what you're proposing sounds consistent with the recommendations
> presented in
> http://www.w3.org/2006/WSC/wiki/RecommendationDisplayProposals/CertErr

Generally, yes. Only nit with that that I can see is the phrase:

"Primary UI security context indictors should reflect the error
without displaying details."

That seems to me to encourage developers to include e.g. an error
code in the primary SCI, so I'd rewrite it as:

"Primary UI security context indictors should not reflect the
specific error, but should simply indicate a failure."

My reason for that is that if e.g. someone writes UI code now that
knows about the current TLS error codes, then when a new TLS error
code is added (or some 802.1X error happens, whatever), then they
are more likely to present the user with jargon and/or meaningless
bytes. So, IMO including an error code/number isn't a good idea.

But its a minor nit, compared to pushing the jargon into the
2nd-ary GUI, which we all seem to be agreeing about.

Stephen.